23 February, Friday

Homewood is a suburban community of approximately 8 ½ square miles and 25,000 residents. It is conveniently located in the southern section of the Greater Birmingham-Hoover Metropolitan area. The people of Homewood enjoy a great quality of life with many amenities ...

Read more about us...

Homewood Police Information

Welcome to the HPD information page. You may use our form download to get an event permit form or information on liquor license for the City.

The Homewood Police Department is located at the intersection of 29th Avenue and 19th Street. Our mailing address is 1833 29th Avenue South, Homewood, Alabama 35209.

Thank you for your interest in the Homewood Police Department!

FAQ Categories

Click on a category link for answers to frequently asked questions

Animal Control | Background Checks | Court Date | Employment at HPD | Evidence/Property | Fingerprinting | Impounded Vehicles | Jail | Liquor Licenses | Personal Safety | Probation | Records | Reporting to the Police | Special Events | Traffic Citations | Driver's License | 

Is my police report ready?

Most reports are normally ready within 72 hours (3 days) with the exception of holidays. You may call 205-332-6180 to check on the status of your report.

Where is HPD Records located?

We are located in the Homewood Police Department at 1833 29th Avenue South, just off of Highway 31. The Records Department can be accessed from the same lobby as the Municipal Court, the door on the right.

How much is a police report?

All reports are $15.00 and may be paid by cash, check, or credit card (VISA or Mastercard only).

When is HPD Records open?

8:30 am--4:00 pm Monday-Friday Closed for all major holidays.

After my accident, the officer instructed me to pick up and fill out an SR-13. What is an SR-13?

The SR-13 (Safety Responsibility Accident Report) is required by the State of Alabama. The SR-13 should be filed anytime there is property damage greater than $250.00. It should be mailed in within 30 days of the accident.

Will my license be suspended if I do not file the SR-13?

In certain situations, a driver's license will be suspended for failure to file an SR-13. Usually, the person who is at-fault in the accident is the only one to get suspended.

If I am not at fault for the accident then why do I need to file the SR-13?

It is in your best interest to file the SR-13 because the at-fault driver may turn out to be uninsured. The Alabama Department of Public Safety can suspend the at-fault party's license until compensation is received by you or your insurance company from the uninsured. The State can only take this action if an SR-13 has been properly filled out and filed with the department.

My police report is not correct. What can I do?

Contact the officer that wrote the report at 332-6200 or 332-6215.