23 February, Friday

Homewood is a suburban community of approximately 8 ½ square miles and 25,000 residents. It is conveniently located in the southern section of the Greater Birmingham-Hoover Metropolitan area. The people of Homewood enjoy a great quality of life with many amenities ...

Read more about us...

Homewood Police Information

Welcome to the HPD information page. You may use our form download to get an event permit form or information on liquor license for the City.

The Homewood Police Department is located at the intersection of 29th Avenue and 19th Street. Our mailing address is 1833 29th Avenue South, Homewood, Alabama 35209.

Thank you for your interest in the Homewood Police Department!

FAQ Categories

Click on a category link for answers to frequently asked questions

Animal Control | Background Checks | Court Date | Employment at HPD | Evidence/Property | Fingerprinting | Impounded Vehicles | Jail | Liquor Licenses | Personal Safety | Probation | Records | Reporting to the Police | Special Events | Traffic Citations | Driver's License | 

What can I do about speeding in my neighborhood?

The Homewood Police Department invites requests for traffic enforcement, especially in residential areas. Simply call the non-emergency telephone number 205-332-6200 and report the problem. Once a complaint is received, officers are notified and assigned to monitor speeds in the affected area. Another option is to report this to the online Tip Line.

How can I report an abandoned vehicle?

If the vehicle is located on city-owned property or a city street, call the police department at 205-332-6200 and report the location and type of vehicle. The law requires that the abandoned vehicle owner be given notice to remove the vehicle after it's been reported, so the officer will place a tag on the vehicle. The officer will follow-up to see that the vehicle has been removed and, if not, will call for a tow truck. A seven-day notice must be given before the vehicle can be towed unless it poses a public safety hazard.

What can be done about illegally parked vehicles, such as those blocking a driveway?

Call the police department at 205-332-6200 to report the violation.

How can I report illegal activity in my neighborhood?

There are several ways to report illegal activity. For emergencies call 911; you can call the HPD dispatch at 205-332-6200 and they will have you talk to a police officer. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may call dispatch at 205-332-6200. If you choose to leave the information anonymously, please remember, the success of the action taken will rely on the information you give. In other words, the more information you give, the better the chance the crime will be solved. If you choose to leave your name and number, rest assured an officer or investigator will contact you. The online Tip Line is another option for communicating with the PD. Crime Stoppers may be contacted at 205-254-7777. If you have witnessed a crime, or have information beneficial to law enforcement, please call as soon as you can. Regardless of the time, day, night, or weekends, call the HPD dispatch at 205-332-6200. If it is an emergency, please call 911.